Not interested in dating right now? If you have been seeing a lot of dating recommendations on Facebook, you may be wondering how to turn them off.
So, how to turn off Facebook Dating? Keep reading to find out!
How to Turn Off Facebook Dating
Facebook Dating is Facebook’s answer to location-based dating services like Tinder and Bumble. When you create a Facebook Dating profile, your name, age, and the pages and groups you like are carried over to help make a unique dating profile.
If you’ve created a Facebook Dating profile, you may find at some point that you want to delete it. Maybe you’ve found that you like another dating app better, or maybe you’ve found that dating apps aren’t for you altogether — or maybe it’s the complete opposite, and you’ve found someone you really like and you don’t need the app anymore.
FINALLY REVEALED: CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO
MAKE A MAN SEXUALLY OBSESSED WITH YOU AND
ONLY YOU, WITHOUT EVEN TOUCHING HIM!
So, how do you turn it off?
- On your iPhone or Android device, launch the Facebook app.
- To open a menu, tap the three horizontal bars at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Scroll to the bottom and choose “Dating.”
- At the top of the Settings menu, on the right, press the “General” tab.
- Select “Delete Profile” from the “Account” menu.
- Enter a justification for deleting your profile if desired, then press “Next.”
- Instead of completely deleting your profile, you will be asked to “Take a Break.”
- If you choose “Take a Break,” your profile will not be deleted — so you can retain some old matches and conversations — but it will be hidden from the app. You can deactivate this option and restore full functionality to your account at any time.
- Select “Delete Profile” if you want to fully delete your profile and all data associated with it.
- Confirm your desire to delete your profile.
This is how you can delete or take a break from your Facebook dating profile. If you encounter any issues, contact Facebook support.